Friday, January 30, 2009

Dear God...

First of all, a very happy niu year! ^_^ Pressing onto my blog topic...

I'd like to dedicate this post to a transition to heaven, an exchange, I had with a fellow believer one night. It was majestically overwhelming and by the time it all ended, I was on my knees weeping tears of spiritual cleansing. I'm honestly still very much a human: I laugh at jokes, act all cool with the girls I like, curse and swear every once in a while, throw impulsive tantrums, and of course, procrastinate a lot. But now, I tread on the aisle of a new beginning - to my salvation in God. I've got something extra in my life, or rather, I had it all along, only to just notice its shimmering tip peeking from a pocket I had always taken for granted.

Ever wondered if He existed, doubted the intention of His Words, or sought ecclesiastical evidence of His Life? 
As I recall, once I had a deck of UNO cards on hand, so I stupidly decided to test God, as if spontaneity could undermine His Will. I commanded outright that if He was for real, He would send a green eight card falling right out of my hands while I shuffled the cards non-stop. No later than a few seconds after I'd started, an overturned card fell onto the table. Flipping it over, I saw a green card on my palm. It was numbered eight. I was flabbergasted, dumbstruck and freaked out big time. I know I deserved the scare. 

My friend had a couple of, well, more intense memories. After a family prayer for the late non-believer, he envisaged his grandmother ascending to heaven . "I didn't know you then, but I know you now. Our grandmother was a good person, please accept her into your kingdom." His relatives called in on the same day saying they'd witnessed the same vision. This happened when he was six. We were both tearing up after he relayed the story to me. My friend also had to deal with dark magic in his infant days, from which a Christian saved his life. Amen to that, yeah?

In the Book of Life and Death (that's literally the name of the book), the author quotes from a holy scripture that it's fated for scientists to one day discover the real biblical Heaven, where the angels and God reside. My own research has revealed that NASA has, indeed, overstepped our perceived boundary of the universe, to the far reaches of the unknown. They have sighted golden sculptures and structures, and gateways. They have uncovered yardsticks of aureate feathers construed as wings, and landscapes of transparent gold. Not to mention, their sound detectors have picked up hymns and choir songs that match those sung in churches. 

Needless to say, it seems most of the staffers over at NASA have converted to Christianity. I remember reading what one of them had to profess. It was along the lines of: "Judgement day isn't just near, it's here. Everyone'd better get straight with the Lord quick.
If you want proof, there will be nothing short of a trapdoor materializing from right beneath you and dropping you to the depths of hell for blasphemy. That's your proof." To be discreet about it though, this particular discovery might have been locked under classified knowledge, for obvious reasons.

One peculiar phenomenon I must transfer here from the Book of Life and Death is an account of a medical professional. I can't remember if the doctor was using a defibrillator or another medical treatment, but each time he jolted alive this certain patient's dead heart, the man would snap his eyes open and wake up screaming. He would be "trembling" and his facial expressions would be "grotesque". At every interval of revival, the patient would cry to the doctor not to stop, because he did not want to go back. This patient had his soul dipped into the inferno of hell and he was already beyond petrified. What he had seen was devastatingly unearthly, far past the wildest horrors of human imagination. 

After a considerable amount of time, the doctor knew he had no choice but to pray a prayer of repentance for his patient. It was a very simple prayer, "Forgive all his sins and let him be saved and blessed, even if he should live." Immediately after those words had been uttered, the expression on the patient's face changed. He had calmed down and was at a mysterious peace. He didn't struggle and even appeared not to mind death. That's about all I remember, go check out the book, while stocks last, lol. But you know, just maybe, a doctor's work isn't restricted to just the living after all.

Scary, isn't it? That sums up what my friend and I said that night. More overwhelming was the atmosphere around us. Emotionally and physically pressurizing, increasing in magnitude after every word. The whole neighbourhood could easily have been the holiest hectare of land in the world at that junction. We were already getting constant shivers down our bodies and goose bumps, even though the temperature was normal. Suggestibility or not, my first reaction was to kneel down and pray, and it was a personal record because I had never prayed that seriously in all my life. 

I prayed for me, but more than myself, I prayed for my friends. I prayed for forgiveness and future forgiveness. I prayed there would still be time. I was praying out aloud and my voice was unsteady. Tears just... came, and I bowed my entire being down in God's mercy. That was just how intense it was. When I realized how much I respected his Goodness, half my fear just evaporated.

I've been patronized by the agnostic, I've questioned atheists, I've challenged anti-theists. I've also argued against the fundamentalism of theistic interpretations and dogma. Believe it or not, be offended or not, it's really up to you readers. My own obligations and my duty are clear to my conscience. God's helped me to get over a lot of my problems. Thanks for reading and all the best in your religious journeys, whichever you may choose and however you may walk it.

1 comment:

Jager said...

I hope that you wont mind me commenting on here,
its deadthinker btw.
I always read your blog because I love how you write, but this post I was particually drawn to.
For some reason it made me cry loads.
As much as I dont want to, I feel like i am drifting away from God at the moment. I have reached out to him for help many times to no avail, also I thank him endlessly but although it's wrong I find myself doubting him more and more.
Your post made me feel so guilty for having those thoughts even for a second.
I'm sorry I dont really have a point.. you can delete this if you want but I just wanted to say thankyou to you. I feel like you have helped me a lot, even though you didn't mean too.
So thankyou sweetie, I really mean it x